Thanks to GypsyDoodles for the tag on this because I’m pretty new to the blog world and did want to share more about myself without having my About section look like a book, so this was perfect. 😉
10. I didn’t speak until after I was 3. My mom said I would just point at things & nod & my grandmother thought I was deaf so they took me to a doc who said I had perfect hearing. I guess I assumed everyone was telepathic. My teachers always said I was a great student but I talked too much. I was that kid always passing notes, making up for lost time.
9. I had 3 near death experiences. 1 – I was about 7, choking on a piece of hot dog. I was blue and my mom stuck her fingers down my throat and grabbed it out. I guess she hadn’t learned heimlich at the time, but gotta love a mother’s instinct. 2 – I think I was 9ish & I was rushed to the ER, dehydrated and coughing blood, 20 mins longer I would’ve been gone. 3 – I was about 13 when I got hit by a car coming out of school crossing the street for the bus. I went unconscious & woke up to everyone standing around me, fractured my skull & bleeding from the head & broke my ankle, was in a cast from knee to toe.
8. I’ve been in a relationship for 17 yrs (now 19) with the man I love, Andre. I was still in high school. My mom found out about me being gay by reading a letter I left behind, and my dad got confirmation when he walked in on us making out. Talk about gag, he wasn’t too happy, but they’ve learned to love me & Andre like sons, and have always treated us with respect. I think how some kids don’t have it so easy and I’m very grateful for my cool parents.
7. I love to dance & have partied at some of the biggest & best clubs in NYC. I don’t go out much, but, when I do, you can find me in the middle of the the dance floor. I’m certainly no wallflower.
6. I performed an erotic poem on stage in NYC at the Bowery Poetry Club, in nothing but my underwear. It was my second time ever on stage, I was so nervous, but I was determined and in great shape so I wanted to really put myself out there and bare it all as the new me. I won a trophy for Best Erotic Poem in Sexy Underwear. I also once won a strip contest in Key West for gay Pride.
5. I was born and raised in NJ, the oldest of 3 with 2 younger sisters and we all get along great. I moved to FL in 2006 & have 3 cats.
4. My last 3 jobs were as a Program Manager for Continuing Medical Education courses, a Case Manager for a life insurance company and a Legal Case Manager for a law firm. I’ve always kept a safe job but always wanted to live the life of an artist so I try to balance things out and I don’t talk too much about my work life because I like to keep it there.
3. I was born under a full moon. I’m a Pisces with a Virgo rising, Virgo moon and Mercury in Pisces. If you love astrology, I love you! I’m very emotional, empathic, part psychic, very intuitive, practical, down to earth, critical, methodical and not too much of a risk taker, certainly not a gambler.
2. My first job was as a peer educator in high school, recruited by a non-profit org, going to different schools and states to teach kids about safe sex and disease prevention. After a long essay, I got chosen as 1 of 2 kids to represent New Jersey at a National Youth Conference in Washington, where we met & presented our ideas on TV to Bill and Hillary Clinton.
1. I’m a mega germaphobe, hold my breath when anyone sneezes around me & constantly washing my hands. Prevention is key, right?
I wish I had people to tag back but it seems everyone else has done it already, except ALPHA. 😉
I’ll be sure to make more WP friends soon, today is my 2 week blog anniversary. 🙂