1. I AM ART – We’re coming hard out the box reminding you to think about it before you hit the stage, cause people know the difference from an artist & a lip syncing model. It’s serving, working and giving you Aviance ARTist! A fresh palette, fierce canvas, and we’re bringing you house. The sounds build into an artistic project called I AM ART. Art is God. God is love. Love is light. Art is light portrayed through colors. Voice being the weapon of choice,
with a kaleidoscope production, very origami, culture & crayons, serving various shades!
2. SHE’S THAT – I’m feeling the beginnings of an old school tribal house track. I don’t know if I’m coming or going. But, this isn’t the track asking you for a bump so I’ll save that for later. Is this thing on, hello? Is this recording my voice, live? It’s making me very nervous!
3. IT’S OVAH CAN YOU HANDLE IT? – I’m ready to hit the floor and wondering, ARE YOU READY? I’m bringing it, turning it, and we come you live & direct. We have something very important to bring you. It’s Ovah, can you handle it!? Is anyone walking? I hear echoes of a distant runway that just got served.
4. GAGGING (momma’s dub) – Giving you breath! I can’t catch mine & I feel like I’m gagging. The hi-hat with electro pianos is thumping and expectant. This is the track that reminds me of hanging with my friends in the NYC clubs, watching each other live. “She’s Gagging!!!” We know what it means, taken back by EJ & Coqui saying, “That’s ok” to the unexpected call by EJ’s mother.
5. THROWBACK – From the start, just the sound makes you feel like you’re preparing for a ball in the 80s. Teasing me with sounds, peppered with eras of old school. Honey let me tell you something, collaborations is just something we do. Now let’s take it back, one’s Costa Rican, one’s Black. It’s not over… it’s OVAH!
6. R.I.F. – What you hear my dear is audio. Don’t get it twisted, it’s only in your head, Rest in Fierce my darling, the sounds are quite alive, not nearly dead. This track is giving you a conjunction with a function, a who, a what & a where. ::turns the page:: Reading Is Fundamental.
7. TRUST – We’re in the jungle giving you tribal drums, live and direct from the forest music express. Trust in us andall shall be well. I could do without the Casio piano sounds but I enjoy the pops. These sounds are all over the place, but I have faith in the ones to come.
8. R U EXPERIENCED? – I’m at the coat check and this is a song I wish I was the floor dancing to. A space invaders experience, out there but underground. And it’s your mission, should you choose to accept it, to merge the 2 into one bump. Come here, let me talk to you for a moment. Are you experienced? Can you handle it? Let me give you a bullet and blow you away!
9. KNOCKOFF – The nerve! Feeling like a million and showing it off. Ana Sui, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karen, Thierry Mugler and Miss Muccia Prada, what, where, how… when? Your $19 Chanel Knockoff!? The nerve, miss thing!
10. IT’S DONE – It’s battle time bitches! And while you’re getting ready, I’m already done. You feel ill, I look sickening, you just lost & I just won. Bring it, walk for me! This is one of my favorite tracks. ATL to NYC, EJ, Mother Juan and the rest of the Aviance family, here, there, we’re everywhere! Can you handle it? It’s OVAH, AVI’OUSLY!
11. OYE MARICON – Just when you thought it was quieting down, it’s about to bring it back harder and faster, with a blip, a rolling thump, build up, a bang, a cha cha and a drum! Move out the way bitches, I’m about to give you a Sumba, a Salsa, Meringue & Bachata! Oye Maricon, callate la boca y dame chicaron!! It gives you bass & tribal all the way through, keeps the stamina of a hot Latin man!
12. I AM ART (coqui’s mix) – A great house track to end, the synths build up and rock chords give it a new dimension while the timbales clic
k and clack. A great ending to a terrific compilation, different, unexpected & appreciated!
SPECIAL SHOUTOUTS TO: EJ AVIANCE, MOTHER JUAN AVIANCE, JORGE COQUI VILLALOBOS AVIANCE, HECTOR GONZALEZ AVIANCE, BRANDON GLENN AVIANCE, JOSEF AVIANCE, DANIEL HENIGMAN, FRANCO AVIANCE, FELIX GOSSE AVIANCE, JEROME FARLEY, DEL PINO BROS for FARLEY MUSIC FACTORY AND THE HOUSE OF AVIANCE. AVI’ HERE! AVI’THERE! AVI’EVERYWHERE!!!